Carolina country furniture - Solid wood furniture austin - Asian art furniture
Carolina Country Furniture
- General term for furniture made by provincial craftsmen using local and indigenous woods such as oak, elm, ash and fruitwoods. Durability and function were of greater importance than aesthetic design and comfort. Country furniture is typically individual in design.
- the area of the states of North Carolina and South Carolina
- A commercial and residential suburb in Puerto Rico, east of San Juan; pop. 162,404
- Carolina is a 1934 American romantic comedy film directed by Henry King. The screenplay by Reginald Berkley is based on the play, The House of Connelly by Paul Green.
- Carolina is the second album by American country music artist Eric Church. It was released on Capitol Records Nashville on March 24, 2009, three years after his debut Sinners Like Me.
American Country Furniture: Projects from the Workshops of David T. Smith (American Woodworker)
Exploring the history behind country furnishings, this authoritative handbook offers 50 of the most popular projects from the workshops of David T. Smith—a unique collection of craft shops that create reproductions of antique artifacts. Offering a short narrative explaining how each piece of furniture evolved and was used in the past, each project includes detailed drawings, a materials list, and comprehensive instructions for assembly. Informative and well-researched, this remarkable reference shares guidelines for constructing historic fixtures such as a trestle table, a pencil-post bed, a ladder-back chair, or a whale shelf. Helpful photographs are included to demonstrate specialized techniques and skills, such as routing dovetails and raising panels.
sign to the house
Featured on A&E's America's Castles and acclaimed as an architectural American treasure, Chinqua Penn Plantation near Reidsville, North Carolina, welcomes you. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Plantation includes a 27 room English countryside mansion filled with elaborate furnishings from 30 countries, surrounded by 22 acres of beautiful gardens and historic landscape. The estate showcases the state's premier collection of eclectic decorative arts.
Located about 25 miles north of Greensboro, the home was built in the 1920s by Thomas Jefferson Penn (1875-1946) and his wife, Beatrice (Betsy) Schoellkopf Penn (1881-1965). Chinqua Penn reflects their lifestyle of entertaining, traveling, and collecting art and furniture from around the world.
Lloyd / Flanders' Low Country Collection
Woven wicker furniture masters, Lloyd / Flanders (www.lloydflanders.com) has teamed with Coastal Living magazine to create a Coastal Living Collection of casual furniture that embodies stylish, well-made pieces for coastal lifestyles across the country. Stemming from South Carolina’s cultured heritage, the Low Country collection reminds us that fundamental craftsmanship is still beautiful. The seats and backs of the seating pieces are crafted with hand-woven vinyl wicker similar to woven grass baskets that were popular years ago and still can be found for sale along Charleston’s streets and alleys.
bernhardt furniture van
sustainable furniture design
schnadig furniture company
natural pine bedroom furniture
furniture stores closing in atlanta
new avenues furniture rental
vintage furniture stores in los angeles